Sunday, March 2, 2008

Back on the ttc road

We took a break after the last two failed IUI's. But, we've picked ourselves up, dusted off the failure dust and saved our money like people on a mission. I sure wish my insurance (and most other's for that matter) looked at infertility as a medical issue. Then, they'd cover the cost for all these procedures. I don't dare go back and add up what we've spent in the past. All I know is that this next IUI will drain our bank account! The meds were $700 alone. We'll have at least 2 (possibly more) ultrasounds to check the follies, (eggs and how many eggs will release), at $340 a piece and then the IUI at $316. Sounds like fun huh?! However, so long as the outcome is what we want, I would spend that many times over.

I'm trying not to worry about the fact that 1/5 women end up with twins, 1/10 triplets and 1/20 more that that...scary huh? The doc was a little leery of doing this IUI with these injectable meds because I have been pregnant twice in the past and I am still "young" in terms of fertility. He offered selective reduction if we end up with more than 2 implanting. I realize that he has to mention this, but Chad and I refused on the spot. See, with selective reduction, you wait until 10 week gestation and decide which babies to abort. Um, no thanks, have a slight problem with killing my own baby. I figure that what ever God gives us, he has a reason for it.

No comments: