Thursday, July 23, 2009

Surgery Outcome and leaking incision sites

I had my surgery about a month ago now. It was very successful. Dr. Parker was found many things that he wasn't expecting to find, but I'm fairly positive that he was glad that it wasn't as bad as he expected.

He found Stage 1/2 Endo and cut it out. It was on my uterus and left ovary. He also found that my right ovary was stuck to my pelvic floor. So, it was basically, out of commission. It was unstuck during the surgery and should be good to go now! He also did a dnc to remove multiple polyps from my uterine lining, which were preventing implantation. He found that my uterus is classified as bicornate (heart shaped), which may or may not be a problem. Only time will tell. I doubt it will since I've been pregnant twice already.

For the last month, I've been going for blood draws every other day for a hormone panel. I had my estradial, progesterone, DHEAS, thyroid, prolactin, LH and FSH tested. I get the results next Thursday and I'm really excited. I really hope there are fixable problems I can take meds to correct.

As for surgery success, this has been the best and least painful period I've had in a long time! I think if I worked summers, I wouldn't have needed to take the day off work. That to me, is wonderful. My ovulation still hurt, but I'm so used to that, it's not really worth trying to find out what's wrong anymore.

I'll post when I get my blood results. Until then, I'm thinking fertile thoughts!

No comments: