Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of the New School Year

Today was our work day and it really helped me get my mind off of ttc and onto other issues, finally! This year should be really wonderful. We have a total of 73 7th graders. This is VERY low compared to last year with 115 students. My largest class is 23 and the others all number in the teens. I am really looking forward to making some huge gains with my state test scores. With numbers like this, it will be so easy to keep the kids on task. Okay, keeping a 7th grader on task is a relatively difficult job, but with small classes, it will be much easier.

Our day started with mundane meetings and a wonderful catered breakfast. It was at this breakfast that an assistant principal (who I used to work under) asked me about my "baby". I told her that he was 4 and getting ready to start preschool. She couldn't believe that he was 4 already; neither can I most days. Then, the inevitable question, "Isn't it time you started on another?" My actual reply was much kinder than the ones in my head. Then, I realized that it was just conversation and she didn't really mean anything by it. I looked at my co-worker, who happens to be 9 months pregnant, and told her that I was gonna buy a shirt that reads, "I'm trying, quit asking." Seriously, if I had a penny for every time I was asked this question...

So, it's a fresh start. I think I learned a lot from this past cycle. One, never trust psychics. (Long story, I'll just leave it at that!) Two, even the most perfect cycle will not necessarily result in a baby. Three, I will never do IVF. Seriously, we spent around $1000 for the IUI and that really pissed my wallet off when it failed. Imagine spending $10,000 and having that fail too. I think not. Four, Chad was just as disappointed this month as I was, finally. Lastly, there's always another cycle. Unless I hit menopause, then, I'm SOL. We'll just assume that won't be an issue. But, you know what they say about assuming...

No comments: