Friday, August 24, 2007

Razor tits...what's this all about?

My old gyno, who was a horses ass, told me that I would know I was pregnant when my boobs hurt so badly I couldn't stand it. Since this comment made 3 years ago, my obsession with "boob poking" began; my own of course. Month after month, I pushed and prodded the girls. Nothing. Every once in awhile, I'd have minor soreness before AF and just "know" it was the sign I'd been waiting for. Then, AF would come.

I've also come to learn in the last 3 1/2 years, that boobs get bigger when one is successfully knocked up. With my pregnancy in November, I grew an entire cup size in the first week after I found out I was pregnant. So, now, I not only prod my girls, but I cup them in my hand to determine even a centimeters worth of growth. After about 6 months of this new obsession, I realized that they grow a little right before AF. This would be an unreliable test.

This leads me to today. Yes, I've been poking and prodding this week. Sadly, when I wake up in the middle of the night, I sit straight up (just in case it doesn't work when I'm laying down) and poke the girls. Everyday this week, the pain has been progressing from day to day. The average person, would find this a rather annoying occurance. I, on the other hand, find it incrediably exciting. This afternoon, incrediably sore boobs. Tonight, after a small bout of nausea, perhaps from downing two PB&J sandwiches, I have razor nipps. This, I swear is NOT an exaggeration. It actually feels like razor blades are coming out of my nipps. And, the most AWESOME news: I don't have to poke them to have the razor blade sensation, it's just constantly there...aren't I a lucky gal?!

Clearly, I need to stay calm and not get ahead of myself. As one of my FC girls explained, I've gone from obsessed to crazy! I totally agree. So, this weekend, I can't necessarialy promise not to prod the girls during waking hours, but I will TRY not to bother them during my beauty rest.

No comments: